If a suspicious package or device is found, immediately notify the police using 9-1-1.
Officers of the Adams State Univ. Police Department may ask those in the area to assist with the search, as they will be more familiar with what does and does not belong. DO NOT TOUCH OR HANDLE THE SUSPICIOUS PACKAGE.
- Remain calm and courteous.
- Obtain as much information as possible by using the checklist.
- Listen. Do not try to interrupt the caller. Tape record the conversation if possible. Try to write the complete message.
- Immediately call Police Dispatch at 9-1-1 or 589-5807. Inform the dispatcher of the situation with as much information as is available; specifically the location and time the bomb is supposed to explode.
- Inform your immediate supervisor after informing the police.
Via Written Communication:
- Immediately notify Police Dispatch at 9-1-1 or 589-5807.
- Do not handle the communication any more than is absolutely necessary and surrender this document to the Adams State Univ. police officer upon his or her arrival.