- Upon discovering smoke or fire, or hearing an explosion, activate the fire alarm system. The nearest fire alarm box is located at ___________________.
- After sounding the alarm, evacuate to a safe location and call Police: 9-1-1
Be prepared to provide:
Type of Incident:
- After sounding the alarm, only if safe to do so, attempt to contain a small fire by utilizing available fire extinguisher, if you are trained to do so. If the fire is beyond control or involves potentially explosive materials, evacuate the building.
- When a fire alarm sounds, evacuate the building. Walk, do not run, to the nearest stairway exit and proceed to ground level. The alarm may not sound continuously. If the alarm stops, continue the evacuation and warn others who may attempt to enter the building after the alarm stops.
- DO NOT USE ELEVATORS DURING A FIRE EMERGENCY.
- Leave the building, and move at least 500 feet away, leaving walks and drives open for arriving firefighters. Do not return to the building until directed to do so by police or fire officers.
- Someone familiar with the situation and who knows the area involved should meet the fire department, the Adams State Univ. Police Department, or the Alamosa Police Department.
- Everyone must follow the orders of the fire and police departments.
- Notify firefighters on the scene if you suspect someone may be trapped inside the building.
- Report potential hazards or address fire prevention questions to Adams State Univ. Incident Management Team.
- The nearest fire extinguisher is located at: ___________________
Incident Management Committee
- Ken Marquez, Chair, VP for Student Affairs
- Robert Bond, SMT Lab Support
- Gregg Elliott, Dir. Counseling Center
- Kevin Daniel, Dir. Computing Services
- Bruce Deltondo, Dir. Auxiliary Services
- Amanda Jojola, Dir. Dept. of Nursing
- Tracy Rogers, Dir. Human Resources
- Joel Shults, Chief of ASU Police Dept.
- Julie Waechter, Asst. to the President for Communications