Campus Safety & Emergency Management
Frequently Asked Questions
The nature of any emergency or disaster, either created by nature or humankind, is such that we cannot predict everything that might happen. While each incident brings specific concerns, some principles and practices may be useful in a range of situations.
- In the event of an emergency, how will the campus communicate with students, faculty, staff, and parents?
- What is the campus doing to prepare for an emergency?
- Will classes be canceled in anticipation of an emergency?
- What should I do in the event of an emergency or disaster?
- How do I report an emergency on campus?
- What should I do if I see suspicious activities or behaviors?
- What does it mean to "protect-in-place?"
- How should I handle an Active Shooter situation?
- Are there counseling or psychological services available to help students cope with heightened stress and anxiety?