Art @ Adams State
Spacious, well-equipped studios and individual attention by a quality faculty mean ample opportunities for you to be creative.
Exhibitions by national and international artists, as well as work study opportunities in the field, mean opportunities to learn.
We challenge our students to think critically as well as creatively as they work to communicate through their art.
Why choose Art at Adams State?
- Two professional quality galleries
- Small classes
- Accessible faculty who are mentors and advisers
- Innovative Foundations classes
- Studio space to work outside of class
- Annual trips to regional museums and galleries
- Regular trips abroad for credit
What will I study?
What can I do with a degree in Art?
- Graphic design
- Marketing or advertising
- Foundry work
- Own a gallery
- Be a studio artist
What sets us apart?
- Diverse, international Faculty
- After hours studio access
- Student exhibition opportunities
- Evening and summer classes
Find out more about us:
Anthony Vasquez - Alumnus
I studied art with an emphasis in studio painting under Eugene Schilling at Adams State University in southern Colorado. While there, I was encouraged to work diligently and pursue my own artistic style.
My approach as an artist has always been to convey a strong sense of emotion and truthfulness, in such a way that each person would understand my work through their own life and discover their own reflection in them. As for myself, I want to portray a sacred reality, hold on to it, and give it permanency.