Students desiring to enroll in a Master of Business Administration
(MBA) Degree program must have a Bachelor's Degree (B.A. or B.S.) from
an accredited institution.
Steps for Admission
- Complete the:
- A $30.00 non-refundable application fee.
Once the online application is completed please send ALL other documents to Liz Thomas Director of MBA Program via e-mail @ firstname.lastname@example.org. E-mail is preferred, however, you may send via US Postal service to:
Liz Thomas Director of MBA Program
School of Business
Adams State University
208 Edgemont Blvd.
Alamosa, CO 81101
- An official transcript sent directly from the institution to the ASU
Office of Graduate Studies verifying receipt of the Bachelor's Degree.
Transcripts from ASU need not be requested; however, official
transcripts confirming transfer courses are required.
- G.P.A of 3.0 or higher in the most recent 30 credit hours (undergraduate and graduate hours acceptable).
- G.R.E. or G.M.A.T. test score. Preferred G.R.E. score is 500 and
preferred G.M.A.T. score is 570. Lower scores will be considered but
exemption would request would need to be filed by the student.
Free GMAT Practice Tests
- One semester of undergraduate or graduate level courses is required in Accounting and Finance.
- Depending on G.R.E. or G.M.A.T. scores in the quantitative section, a
semester of an undergraduate course in business quantitative techniques
may be required.
- Two recent letters of recommendation (please include phone numbers).
- Resume which includes academic, volunteer, and work experience.
- A letter of intent (statement of purpose) describing interests,
background, the emphasis of interest, and professional goals. The
letter will be used to assess writing skills for eligibility into the
- Additional information may be requested by the Department of Business before an admission decision can be determined.
- The Chair of the MBA Department will notify students of admission decisions.