Dr. Richard Baker
Professor of English
Richard Baker is currently Professor of English and has taught at Adams State University for 22 years. He holds a B.A. in English from San Diego State University and a M.A. and Ph.D. from the University of Colorado, Boulder.
Dr. Baker has published several articles and books on such authors as Albert Camus, Jean-Paul Sartre, William Faulkner, Richard Wright, Miguel de Unamuno, Shakespeare, and Chuck Palahniuck. His main focus is existentialism, the novel, literary theory, 20th-century American literature, and world literature.
Besides his work as a teacher-scholar, Dr. Baker is also a member of the Campus Renovation and Planning Committee as well being the Student Activity Coordinator for the ETC department.
- English 101 (Communication Arts I)
- English 102 (Communication Arts II)
- English 203 (Major Themes in Lit.)
- English 210 (The Study of Literature)
- English 312 (World Literature II)
- English 355 (The Novel)
- English 443 (Twentieth-Century American Novel)
- English 495 (Senior Seminar)