MA in Humanities with a Cultural Resource Management Emphasis
The Department of History, Anthropology, Political Science, Philosophy, Spanish (HAPPS) at Adams State University has created a 30 hour track for people seeking directed study in Cultural Resource Management.
The degree is delivered through semester based, interactive, Internet courses.
This MA degree can lead to attaining the necessary academic requirements required by most state agencies in obtaining permits and being able to supervise cultural resource management projects in the field.
This degree may also be used to obtain admission into a Ph. D. program in Archaeology/Anthropology, or as an end in itself.
All professors of CRM classes in this program have field experience in cultural resource management as archaeologists and/or administrators. They are committed to developing and encouraging students to achieve their academic potential.
- Satisfy students' desires for directed study leading to a M.A. degree in Cultural Resource Management (prehistoric or historical focus).
- Prepare students for advancement in the field of Cultural Resource Management.
- Prepare students for doctoral studies.
- 30 credit hour degree thru online courses.
- Students must travel to Alamosa to defend their Master’s Thesis or Project at the conclusion of their MA program.
- Minimum 18 hours offered each year-2 classes each fall, spring, summer.
- Enter the program at the beginning of any semester.
- Learn from home/work at your own pace within a standard semester structure.
Advantages of the Program
- Deepen your understanding of Cultural Resource Management.
- Pursue your degree from where you are--classes are on-line Complete the program at your own pace.
- Utilize your existing work in the cultural resource management field (pending employer approval).
- Payscale and career advancement for Cultural Resource Management professionals.
- Prepare yourself for a Ph.D. program.
- Directed research in your area of interest.
- Pursuit of life-long learning.
- Low cost per credit hour.
- Engaging learning environment.