"Top of the Nation Honor Band"
Annual High School Honor Band Festival - Feb. 19-21
Find Out More:
The Adams State University "Top of the Nation" Honor Band Festival is one of the longest running honor bands in Colorado, with a tradition dating back over 50 years. The band consists of some of the finest high school instrumental musicians in the Southwest. The event is held over a three-day period, beginning on Thursday morning and culminating in a concert on Saturday afternoon.
Our Honor Band Festival is run in conjunction with our Honor Choir Festival. This is to provide an improved festival experience. All paperwork and fees are handled separately, and each event has its own schedule.
Additional Audition Information:
- The top band, the Wind Symphony, will require a CD audition.
- The second band, the Symphonic Winds, is open by director recommendation (no audition recording required).
- Students who send audition CD's for the Wind Symphony but are not accepted will be considered for the Symphonic Winds.
- Seating auditions for both groups will be held on-site.
- In addition to the Honor Bands, there will also be master classes and sectionals for woodwinds, brass, and percussion involving all Honor Band members.
- ASU faculty will coach these master classes, which meet in addition to the regular rehearsal schedule.
Graduate Credit for Directors:
- Directors can receive 1 graduate credit for attending TOTN.
- In order to receive the full credit, directors will need to accumulate a total of 15 clock hours of observation. Admission and registration can be taken care of with one form that you can fill out while you're here.
- You can pay by credit card or check made out to Adams State University for the course fees. Nothing needs to be arranged or paid for in advance.