"Top of the Nation Honor Band"
Annual High School Honor Band Festival - Feb. 18-20, 2016
Find Out More:
The Adams State University "Top of the Nation" Honor Band Festival is one of the longest running honor bands in Colorado, with a tradition dating back over 50 years. The band consists of some of the finest high school instrumental musicians in the Southwest. The event is held over a three-day period, beginning on Thursday morning and culminating in a concert on Saturday afternoon.
Our Honor Band Festival is run in conjunction with our Honor Choir Festival. This is to provide an improved festival experience. All paperwork and fees are handled separately, and each event has its own schedule.
- There sectionals for all members of the Honor Band, which are open to directors.
- In addition to the sectionals, there will be master classes given by ASU faculty and guest artists. These are designed not only for the members of the Honor Band but for directors as well!
Graduate Credit for Directors:
- Directors can receive 1 graduate credit for attending TOTN.
- In order to receive the full credit, directors will need to accumulate a total of 15 clock hours of observation. Admission and registration can be taken care of with one form that you can fill out while you're here.
- You can pay by credit card or check made out to Adams State University for the course fees. Nothing needs to be arranged or paid for in advance.