Candice Danielle Allencallen@adams.edu
RN, MSN, TNCC, ENPC, ACLS, PALS, BLS
I am a 40-year-old Mother, Wife, Texan and Nurse! My Texas roots run strong and you will always see a smile on my face and in my heart. My husband is a Colorado State Trooper and we enjoy living and playing in the mountains around us. Our hobbies include boating, camping, four wheeling, and renovating our 1916 home.
I have two boys who are 11 and 7. Having children was a difficult task for me, and is why I became a nurse. I was pregnant 6 times in 5 years. I had two early miscarriages, a 21 week pregnancy that ended when my water broke too soon, and a full term son, Jackson, born still at 38 weeks. I realize the miracle of pregnancy and the joys and heartbreak that come along the way. I am grateful for my blessings in life as well as my challenges.
Nursing is my second career after working in Technical Business Design at Shell Oil Company in Houston, Texas. I have been a nurse for 8 years working in emergency rooms, critical access facilities, and teaching various aspects of nursing.
Why do I love nursing? It is the challenges in life that define, inspire, and drive us forward to greater things. Nursing allows individuals a window to support, encourage, instill hope, and to love others unconditionally as we work collectively to heal the body, mind and soul. I hope to accompany other on their journey as new windows are opened into the nursing profession.
- Certificate in Practical Nursing - 2007
- Associate in Applied Science – Nursing 2008
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing – 2011
- Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Informatics - January 2013
- FEMA Emergency Preparedness Course -Completed September 2010
- Mercy Medical Center Trauma Symposium - Completed October 2009
- Mercy Medical Center Trauma Symposium - Completed October 2010
- Mercy Medical Center Trauma Symposium - Completed October 2011
- Mercy Medical Center Trauma Symposium - Completed October 2012
- Mercy Medical Center Trauma Symposium - Completed October 2013
- Penrose-St. Francis Trauma Symposium -Completed April 2011
- Rural Trauma Team Development Course -Completed May 2011
- Simulation Rotations for Fundamentals, Med/Surg, Obstetrics, Pediatrics, and Psych
- Professional Practice
- Nursing Management
- Clinical Rotations for Fundamentals, Med/Surg, Management, and Internship
- Service activities such as policy work, committees, boards, etc.:
- Del Norte Community Ambulance
- Magnolia Society
- Service Excellence Advisor at Rio Grande Hospital
- American Nurses Association Member
- National Student Nurses Association Member
- Emergency Nurses Association Member
- Sigma Theta Tau—Nursing Honor Society Member
- General Federation of Women's Clubs Member