Dr. Shawn Elliott
Director of Nursingselliott@adams.edu
DNP, RN, CPNP-PC
I come from a family line of nurses: grandmother, mother, myself, sister, aunt, & cousin. I knew from a very young age that I wanted to be a nurse and take care of sick people. I started my career as a CNA in high school and my passion just grew and couldn't wait to go to college to study nursing. While in college, pediatric nursing became my passion and I have done pediatric nursing in one form or another for the majority of my nursing career. I have experience in Pediatric hematology/oncology, Pediatric Intensive Care, and now practice as a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner.
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing from William Jewell College
- Masters of Science in Nursing (Pediatric Clinical Nurse Specialist) from the University of Missouri – Kansas City
- Post Masters Certificate (Pediatric Nurse Practitioner) from the University of Colorado-Denver
- Doctor of Nursing Practice from the University of Colorado-Denver
Pediatrics and Pediatrics Clinical
Service activities such as policy work, committees, boards, etc. :
- Adams State University Service
- ASU 's Health Professionals Advisory Committee
- ASU's Faculty Technology Advisory Committee
- ASU's Commencement Committee
- Trinidad State Junior College Advisory Committee
- Coordinated Health Assessment and Management Program (CHAMP) volunteer
- Girl Scout Leader
- Children's Church educator
Professional Associations and Offices Held:
- National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners (2010-present)
- American Nurses Association (2012-present)
- Colorado Nurses Association (CNA) (2008-present)
- President, DNA 6 (2010 – 2012)
- Sigma Theta Tau International, Alpha Kappa-at-Large
- Adams State University Sigma Theta Tau Honor Society of Nursing (2006 - present)
- Treasurer (2006 - 2009), (2011- present)
Academic Reviewer for Adams, M.P. & Koch, R.W. (2010). Pharmacology: Connections to nursing practice. New Jersey: Pearson Education, Inc.
Elliott, S.E. (2004). Anemia. Essentials of pediatric oncology nursing: A core curriculum (2nd ed.). Glenview, IL: Association of Pediatric Oncology Nurses.
Elliott, S.E. (2004). Thrombocytopenia. Essentials of pediatric oncology nursing: A core curriculum (2nd ed.). Glenview, IL: Association of Pediatric Oncology Nurses.
Easley, M.K., & Elliott, S.E. (2001). Managing pain at the end of life. Nursing Clinics of North America, 36(4), 779-794.
Elliott, S.E. (2001) Implications of cancer predisposition testing. Nurse Investigator, 6(2), 23-25.Elliott, S.E. (2001, Fall). The great pain train. aponcounts, 15(3), 4.