Admission Process - Graduate Teacher Education
Summer Cohort application deadline is March 15th
This includes the completion of the online application and submission of ALL admission documents.
A candidate who is interested in enrolling at Adams State University to pursue a Master of Arts degree or add an endorsement to a current Professional Teachers License must submit the documents listed below.
When all materials are received and the file is complete, the application is reviewed by a committee comprised of faculty members in the Teacher Education department. The review process takes approximately 7-14 working days.
- You must first:
and pay the $30.00 non-refundable application fee.
Next, send the following materials to the Graduate Teacher Education office at the address listed below.
- Letter of intent written by candidate addressing the area of interest
- Two current letters of recommendation written on letterhead specifically addressing the area in which the student wishes to be admitted, speaking to the candidate's strengths and potential
- Current Professional Teaching License
- Official transcript from an accredited institution denoting appropriate degree
- Official transcript for any hours the candidate wishes to be considered for transfer along with the course syllabi
- Linda Pacheco-Demski
Adams State University
208 Edgemont Blvd. Suite 3050
Alamosa, CO 81101