Financial Obligation Policy
- By the act of registration, students automatically incur a financial obligation to Adams State. Students who register for classes are responsible for payment of the full amount of tuition, fees, and other applicable costs, whether or not they attend class, unless they officially withdraw within the time specified for refund. Students having unpaid financial obligations due the college are not allowed to register for classes, receive a diploma upon graduation, or receive a transcript of credits.
- A STUDENT THAT EARLY REGISTERS FOR A FUTURE TERM AND THEN INCURS FINANCIAL OBLIGATIONS WHICH REMAIN UNPAID, MAY HAVE THE FUTURE TERM REGISTRATION CANCELLED FOR NON-PAYMENT OF A PAST DUE FINANCIAL OBLIGATION.
- Tuition and fees rates are listed online at businessoffice.adams.edu. Payment deadline for fall/spring semesters is the 2nd Friday of the semester. The payment deadline for summer semester is the first Friday of the first class. A late fee is charged for payment not complete by the deadline. Additional late payment fees are assessed in subsequent months when payment is not made.
- Accounts must be paid in full by the last day of the semester in which charges are incurred. Accounts not paid in full by close of business on the last day of the semester are considered past due. Past due accounts must be placed wit the state collection agency, private collection agency, or private counsel for collection of past due amount. In addition, all costs of collecting past due accounts are assessed to the debtor per state law CRS 5-12-102. This includes but not limited to interest, collection costs, and reasonable attorney fees.
- Students who attempt an "unofficial" withdrawal are still registered, continue to incur charges, and will have failing grades posted at the end of the semester.