Refund of Student Credit Balances
- The HIGHER ONE EASY REFUND CARD is used to refund credit balances on student accounts. A credit balance may come from payment of grants, scholarships or loans credited to a student's account, overpayment of charges, or adjustments for tuition, fees, or housing.
- Don't throw the Higher One Easy Refund card away. Refunds such as housing deposits may be paid after a student no longer attends Adams State University. This card is a debit card and can be used long after a student graduates or leaves ASU.
- Financial aid funds disbursed to a student's account are first credited to the student's educational expense. Once education expenses are paid in full and if a credit balance remains, the credit balance is refundable to the student.
- Refunds are processed within 3 business days of when the student meets eligibility requirements:
- SOME FINANCIAL AID REQUIREMENTS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- the student's first class has started.
- the student is registered for the number of credit hours for which aid is awarded.
- the student is taking classes for credit. Classes taken as "no credit" are not aid eligible.
- classes taken apply to the student's program of study.