Grounds - Winter Services
- Fallen or dead trees will be removed immediately so that students, faculty, and staff are not in danger.
- Prune as needed to ensure proper growth and to keep healthy.
- Grind and remove all stumps.
- Tree removal and replacement as needed.
Facilities Services is responsible for managing the exterior environment so that it is aesthetically pleasing, safe, and accessible during inclement weather for students, faculty, staff, and guests. In general snow removal will begin when the snow reaches one inch in depth.
Facilities personnel will remove snow from the following areas, in order of priority:
- ADA parking and accessibility will be our 1st priority
- High pedestrian routes and services areas.
- All building Entrances and perimeter walks.
- Streets, driveways, loading docks, fire escapes.
- Athletic fields and practice facilities.
- If events are scheduled during breaks or holidays special attention will be given to those areas.
When you walk around campus be aware of shifting snow and ice on roof tops:
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Snow on parking lots, streets, sidewalks and entrances can melt and refreeze turning into black ice.
- When some conditions are poor we may temporarily close some sidewalks until conditions improve.
- Wear proper attire for these weather conditions.
- Be willing to walk out of your way if necessary to a sidewalk that has been cleared.