College at High School
How can your High School participate?The following is a brief outline of the process for including the program into the high school curriculum. This information is expanded upon in the Handbook:
- Initial meetings are held with the high school principals/superintendent and Extended Studies to establish a program of courses for the specific high school.
- A written agreement specifying the course(s) to be offered is signed between the school, teacher, and Adams State.
- ASU academic departments appoint a program liaison to work with ES and high school faculty.
- The high school appoints a program liaison (school counselor) to work with Extended Studies and participating high school teachers.
- Extended Studies works with the high school liaison for faculty/course approvals, scheduling student, faculty and parent orientations, scheduling registration visits, determining academic calendars, etc.
- Students register and pay tuition by established dates and attend selected dual-credit courses on their campus, taught by their high school teachers who have been approved by ASU academic departments.
- Completed courses and the resulting grades are entered on the high school student's Adams State transcript and are available upon student request.
For more detailed information, review the handbook, available in PDF format, by clicking the link below: