Master of Arts in Education
Welcome to ASU’s Master’s in Education: Curriculum & Instruction: STEM Emphasis Homepage
ASU and US Satellite Lab have partnered to deliver high-quality STEM /
Education MA’s – ONLINE at an affordable rate continuing Spring 2014.
The 5 term Master of Arts with Curriculum and Instruction STEM emphasis
graduate program focuses on enhancing professional careers in teaching,
administration, organizational training, and curriculum development. Click here for an FAQ sheet.
The goal of this program is to develop strong planning and teaching skills in educators who are dedicated to ensuring all students, particularly students from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, succeed academically.
What does the program look like?
The Master of Arts with Curriculum and Instruction STEM Studies emphasis is 30 hours in length.
15 semester hours (5 – 3.0 semester hour courses) are delivered through US Satellite Labs & 15 semester hours (5 – 3.0 semester hour courses) are delivered through Adams State University: all ONLINE.
- Completed online application
- An current Professional Teachers License (not req'd for this program, but
requested if they have it).
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university (minimum
grade point average of 3.0).
- Letter of intent written by candidate addressing the area of interest.
- Two current letters of recommendation written on letterhead specifically addressing the area in which the student wishes to be admitted, speaking to the candidate's strengths and potential.
- If the GPA is between 2.75 and 2.99, the student must take the GRE with a minimum score of 1250 or obtain a passing score on the GMAT.
- At this time, the candidate is conditionally admitted and must maintain at least a 3.0 GPA from then on.
Adams State University
208 Edgemont Blvd. Suite 3050
Alamosa, CO 81101
What is the cost? $12,800 for 30 hours of superior instruction.
Can I apply for Financial Aid? Financial Aid is available, including
Public Service Loan Forgiveness programs, which, for qualified applicants
could forgive the entire loan.
I have questions, who do I contact?
- US Satellite Lab contact: Glen Schuester or Sara Wolter at 1-800-707-8519
- ASU Extended Studies contact: Liz Martinez, PD Director, 1-800-548-6679, email@example.com
- ASU Teacher Education contact: Linda Pacheco-Demski, Graduate Program Coordinator,