Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with Accounting Emphasis Degree Requirements
All requirements for the distance degree program are the same as those for the same degree on the campus. Distance degree program students are subject to all ASU policies, deadlines and graduation requirements, except where noted.
- You will be required to complete 30 Adams State University semester credits which may be met by completing ASU Independent study or online courses approved and listed on the website or other publications.
- Course credits earned through the distance degree program are entered on the student record without distinction between on-campus and off campus courses.
- ASU credits earned in off-campus course are considered to be the same as those earned in on-campus courses for the purpose of meeting residency or other requirements in degree programs of the institution.
Degree Program Total Credit Requirements
- General Education - 37 credits
- Major - Business Administration - 42 credits
- Accounting Emphasis - 32 credits
- Electives - 9 credits
Business Administration majors must complete the following 42 hours of core courses:BUS 103: Introduction to Business - 3 cr. hrs.
BUS 120: Business Computer Applications I - 3 cr. hrs.
BUS 207: Principles of Accounting I - 3 cr. hrs.
BUS 208: Principles of Accounting II - 3 cr. hrs.
BUS 211: Business Law - 3 cr. hrs.
BUS 265: Business Communications- 3 cr.hrs.
BUS 304: Principles of Marketing - 3 cr. hrs.
BUS 318: Business Statistics - 3 cr. hrs.
BUS 361: Principles of Management - 3 cr. hrs.
BUS 363: Managerial Finance - 3 cr. hrs.
BUS 430: Productions & Operations Management - 3 cr. hrs.
BUS 480: Global Business Strategies - 3 cr. hrs.
ECON 255: Macroeconomic Principles - 3 cr. hrs.
ECON 256:Microeconomic Principles - 3 cr. hrs.
Accounting Emphasis - 32 credits - May be met by completing:BUS 305: Intermediate Accounting I - 4 cr. hrs.
BUS 306: Intermediate Accounting II - 4 cr. hrs.
BUS 307: Managerial Cost Accounting I - 3 cr. hrs.
BUS 355: Individual Income Taxation - 4 cr. hrs.
BUS 360: Governmental & Institutional Accounting - 3 cr. hrs.
BUS 405: Advanced Accounting - 4 cr. hrs.
BUS 407: Auditing I - 3 cr. hrs.
BUS 409: Fraud Examination - 3 cr. hrs.
BUS 455: Entity Taxation - 4 cr. hrs.
Optional Class:BUS 308: Managerial Cost Accounting II - 3 cr. hrs.
BUS 358: Accounting Ethics - 3 cr. hrs.
BUS 371: Payroll Accounting and Taxation - 3 cr. hrs.
BUS 377: Agricultural Taxation - 3 cr. hrs.
BUS 465: Estate, Gifts, and Fiduciary Tax Law - 3 cr. hrs.
Electives may be approved transfer credits or courses taken from ASU. Note: Electives are credits that are required but not used elsewhere in the degree program.
Writing ProficiencyThe writing assessment required for the BSBA - Accounting degree is satisfied during the course BUS 480 Global Business Strategies.
Note: Degree must include 42 upper-division (300/400 level) semester-hour credits. To receive credit, all course major grades must be passing (C or better). A minimum of 30 credits must be ASU credits for the BA or BS degree.