Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with Health Care Administration Emphasis Degree Requirements
All requirements for the distance degree program are the same as those for the same degree on the campus. Distance degree program students are subject to all ASU policies, deadlines and graduation requirements, except where noted.
- You will be required to complete 30 Adams State University semester credits which may be met by completing ASU Independent study or online courses approved and listed on the website or other publications.
- Course credits earned through the distance degree program are entered on the student record without distinction between on-campus and off campus courses.
- ASU credits earned in off-campus course are considered to be the same as those earned in on-campus courses for the purpose of meeting residency or other requirements in degree programs of the institution.
Degree Program Total Credit Requirements
- General Education - 37 credits
- Major - Business Administration - 42 credits
- Health Care Administration Emphasis - 35 credits
- General Electives - 6 credits
Business Administration Core (42 credits):BUS 103: Introduction to Business (3 credits)
BUS 120: Business Computer Applications I (3 credits)
BUS 207: Principles of Accounting I (3 credits)
BUS 208: Principles of Accounting II (3 credits)
BUS 211: Business Law (3 credits)
BUS 265: Business Communications (3 credits)
BUS 304: Principles of Marketing (3 credits)
BUS 318: Business Statistics (3 credits)
BUS 361: Principles of Management (3 credits)
BUS 363: Managerial Finance (3 credits)
BUS 430: Productions & Operations Management (3 credits)
BUS 480: Global Business Strategies (3 credits)
ECON 255: Macroeconomic Principles (3 credits)
ECON 256: Microeconomic Principles (3 credits)
Health Care Administration Emphasis (35 credits):BUS 362: Human Resource Management (3 credits)
HCA 303: Health Care Administration (3 credits)
HCA 305: Health Care Marketing (3 credits)
HCA 311: Health Care Law and Ethics (3 credits)
HCA 312: Health Care Medical Terminology (2 credits)
HCA 325: Health Care Information Systems (3 credits)
HCA 363: Health Care Finance (3 credits)
HCA 381: Health Care Administration Internship (3 credits)
HCA 402: Epidemiology (3 credits)
HCA 455: Health Care Economics (3 credits)
HCA 462: Quality Management in Health Care (3 credits)
HCA 480: Health Care Policy (3 credits)
Electives may be approved transfer credits or courses taken from ASU. General electives are credits that are required, but not used elsewhere in the degree program.
The writing assessment required for the BSBA - Health Care Administration degree is satisfied during the course BUS 480 Global Business Strategies.
Note: Degree must include 42 upper-division (300/400 level) credits. To receive credit, all course grades must be passing (C or better). A minimum of 30 credits must be ASU credits for the BA or BS degree.