Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies Degree Requirements
All requirements for the distance degree program are the same as those for the same degree on campus. Distance degree program students are subject to all ASU policies, deadlines and graduation requirements, except as noted below.
- You will be required to complete 30 Adams State University semester credits which may be met by completing approved ASU Distance Learning courses listed on the website or other publications.
- Course credits earned through the distance degree program are entered on the student record without distinction between on-campus and off campus courses.
- ASU credits earned in off-campus courses are considered to be the same as those earned in on-campus courses for the purpose of meeting residency or other requirements in degree programs of the institution.
Description and Title
The student and advisor must submit for approval to the Assistant Provost for Academic Affairs a title and description for the Interdisciplinary Studies Major. All parties must agree on the title and description submitted. See Format.
All Interdisciplinary Study Students must submit a writing portfolio to their Advisor by the end of the seventh week of the next-to-last semester prior to graduation.
Degree Program Total Credit Requirements
- Interdisciplinary Studies Major
(20 credits two academic disciplines) - 40 credits
- General Electives - 42 credits
Interdisciplinary Studies majors must complete 20 semester credits from two academic disciplines.
- Academic Discipline 1 - 20 credits
- Academic Discipline 2 - 20 credits
42 semester credits may be approved transfer credits or courses taken from ASU. (Recommended courses that would complement the major.)
Total credit hours required for graduation: 120
Note: Degree must include 42 upper-division (300/400 level) semester-hour credits. To receive credit, all course grades must be passing (C or better). A minimum of 30 credits must be ASU credits for the BA or BS degree.