Adams State University completed its second year of Fast Track, an amazing four week learning experience that helps incoming students prepare for college and gives them a glimpse of college life. Take a look at some of the fun students had during Summer Fast Track 2012.
The four week summer program provides students with reading, writing, and math content so students may be academically prepared for English and Math courses. The Fast Track Cohort Model provides peer support, promotes active engagement, and gives meaningful connections between academic theory and practice. These elements are conducive to sound learning, empowerment, and realizing full potential. As a result of grant funds, ASU is able to work with students prior to their first college semester and prepare them to be college ready and have a more successful first year college experience.
2013 Summer Fast Track
- Incoming first-year students admitted to ASU who would like to jump start their academic career by improving their English and Math skills.
- An intensive four week summer program in July with accelerated college courses in English and Math. As well as educational weekend trips & activities that coincide with classes.
- Adams State University campus - Alamosa, CO
- July 7th - August 3rd, 2013
- Mandatory Parent/Student Orientation June 8th, 2013 1:00pm - 3:00pm
- Get a quick start on your education and be college ready for the Fall 2013 semester. ALL summer costs of housing, meals, books, and supplies will be FREE for those accepted into the program.
Accuplacer scores are required to complete the application, call 719.587.8189 or speak to your guidance counselor today to schedule your testing.
- All participants must be accepted for admission to Adams State University
- Application deadline has been extended until May 31st, 2013 (Accuplacer test must be complete by deadline)
- Accepted participants will be notified no later than June 7th, 2013.
- Accepted participants will be expected to attend the Fast Track Orientation June 8th, 2013 at the ASU campus.
All participants must agree to the program rules, live on campus and attend all activities/classes and weekend events.