Student Engagement and Success Jobs
SSC Kiosk Ambassador
The Student Success Center at Adams State University houses several offices whose key purpose is to provide services to enhance students' full college experience. Those offices include: Academic Advising, Career Services, College Readiness, C.A.M.P. Grant, Writing Studio Satellite, and the Grizzly Testing & Learning Center.
The SSC Kiosk Ambassador(s) will be responsible for:
- Greeting all patrons as they enter the front door.
- Providing information about the services offered by the SSC and Nielsen Library.
- Directing patrons to the appropriate services.
- Checking in students who seek SSC services.
- Ensuring student check-out at end of appointment with SSC staff.
- Assisting students who wish to make an AdvisorTrac appointment with academic advisors or career counselors.
- Scheduling Google calendar appointments for other SSC staff.
- Staying abreast of staff members' schedules each day.
- Answering SSC phone, taking messages, checking voicemail and returning calls.
- Distributing incoming mail.
- Maintaining confidentiality.
- Attending all scheduled SSC kiosk staff meetings (usually scheduled after 5 pm).
- Keeping kiosk area tidy and uncluttered.
- Additional tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- The SSC is open from 8am to 5pm Monday through Friday during normal operating hours from which the ambassador may be scheduled up to 20 hours per week. Additional hours for staff meetings may be requested.
- The first floor of Nielsen Library is frequently exposed to noise and a regular flow of people.
- It may become necessary to change priorities quickly to provide services.
- The ambassador may be required to open/close the SSC.
- The ambassador may work alone or with other work-study employees.
- Full-time student enrollment status (12 credits or more) at ASU with a 2.5+ GPA
- Punctual, excellent personal hygiene, responsible, and reliable.
- Courteous attitude toward students, faculty, staff, and community members.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and open to learning minimal Banner processes.
- Ability to work well with others and/or under stressful conditions while maintaining sensitivity and confidentiality.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
Apply for this Job
- Debbie Chapman