How to Search LexisNexis
Use Academic Search
Academic Search searches mostly newspapers and law reviews, though it can also include company information and cases.
- Enter a search term in the search box. (Example: US Oil market)
- Search by Content Type lets you specify News, Cases, or Companies.
- Advanced Options lets you specify Date, Publication Title (like New York Times), or Content Type.
- Hot Topics Links gives you current news topic searches.
- Search the News, Look up a Legal Case, and Get Company Info lets you do specialized searches in those categories.
- Tools give you access to tutorials and research guides to help you better use the databases.