Adams State celebrates Cesar Chavez Week
Adams State's C.A.S.A. (Cultural Awareness Student Achievement) presents Adams State University Cesar Chavez Week events, as follows:
Tuesday, April 1
- Pool tournament, 7-9 p.m. Student Union Building Loft
Wednesday, April 2
- Diversity/Multicultural Club Indian Taco Fundraiser, 12- 2 p.m. CASA House
- COINTELPRO 101, 7:30 p.m. McDaniel Hall 101
Thursday, April 3
- Noche de Familia Potluck, 6:30 p.m. CASA House
Friday, April 4
- Kindred Spirits Luncheon with David Guerrero, 12 p.m. La Mesa Dining Hall
- Student presentation, "Cesar Chavez: The Man Behind the Fields," 2:30 p.m. McDaniel Hall 101
- Noche de Salsa, 7 p.m. Calvillos Restaurant
Saturday, April 5
- CASA Matanza, 8 a.m. until 1 p.m. Salazar Ranch, Manassa
- Late night breakfast, 5 -10 p.m. CASA House
Sunday, April 6
- SLV CROP Hunger Walk, 2 p.m. Cole Park
Monday, April 7
- "The Tree of Life," by Russell Box, Sr., 6 p.m. Student Union Building Student Life Center.
Sponsors of Adams State Cesar Chavez Week include the CASA House, CASA advisory board, Catholic Daughters of America, Calvillos Restaurant, City Market, Clancy's, Dr. Tim Rivera, Gallegos Ranch, Inn of the Rio Grande, KRZA, Living Water Church, Riverside Roadhouse, Safeway, SLV Region Medical Center Pharmacy, and Walmart.
For more information call the CASA House at 719-587-7880. CASA is located on Faculty Dr., just off of First St.