Adams State switch to E-Billing
The Adams State College Business Office switched to E-billing during the fall 2010 semester. The new system means no more paper bills sent through the mail; instead students can access their accounts and pay their bills online.
E-bill is a secure, easily accessible method of receiving and viewing the most up-to-date student bill. It is available 24 hours and reduces the use of paper bills to make Adams State more environmentally friendly. Parents or other authorized payers can receive email notification when an e-bill is available and view it prior to submitting payment.
Benefits of E-billing include:
- Available seven days a week from any computer with an Internet connection and browser.
- Additional time to review and pay a bill prior to the due date because there are no delays from standard mail delivery.
- Bills will be more up-to-date because of reduced lag time between production and delivery.
- Online credit card and check payment (ACH) options make paying a bill easy and convenient.
- Students can still be able to mail or drop off a check.
- Previous billing and payment history will be available
Differences between E-billing and paper billing include:
- Students can give authorized users access to only the e-billing system.
- Instead of receiving a paper bill in the mail, students receive an email to their grizzlies.adams.edu email address, when they have a new bill to pay.
- Students' authorized users will be notified via email of a new e-bill. They will be able to view, print or pay the bill.
- Students' authorized users will not be able to access other private information.
- Students or their authorized users can use the URL contained in the email to access the e-bill and the e-bill system's electronic payment options.
- Students can print a copy of their bill.
Improved functionality such as access to past billing statements and the ability to schedule an electronic payment are another benefit of E-billing.