More Press Release Information
- Information for promoting events should include: time/date/place, contact numbers, pricing information, and any additional information that may draw people to attend.
- Adams State University uses Associated Press Style when writing releases and articles. Any information sent to the Office of Communications will be edited to include AP style.
- The Office of Communications often contributes to the alumni magazine, the AStater, releases, photographs, or articles may appear in the magazine.
- Other media sources the Office of Communications sends releases and articles to includes (but is not limited to) the Valley Courier, the Pueblo Chieftain, Lifestyles, KSLV, KGIW, KRZA, KASF, the South Coloradan, Hispania News, KSPK, the community calendar on Bresnan cable, SLV Junction website, and KENY TV.
- Although releases and articles are sent to local press, they are under no obligation to print, or announce our releases. Historically, most events are promoted through our local media outlets, however this is not guaranteed. Paid advertising is the only guarantee.
- All releases and articles written are published on the Adams State online news site at: