Adams State University parking regulations effective August 2014
Please park in the Visitor Parking Lot located just north of the Student Union Building. This parking lot is accessed off of Monterey Avenue, and is a 2-hour Visitor Only Lot.
All decals will be valid from August 1 to July 31 annually.
Lots will be designated as:
* C - Commuter Lots (students that do not reside in a residence hall)
* R - Students residing in any residential hall
* E - Employee (faculty and staff)
All Parking Permit Registrations will require vehicle registration and ASU identification number.
- ASU will offer a decal at no out-of-pocket cost to all students taking 6 or more credit hours and who register their vehicle with the Adams State University Police Department. Those students will be issued one annual decal for Residential or Commuter lots. Since the decal is at no cost, and due to limited parking space, Residential students may not purchase additional decals.
- Any students taking less than 6 credit hours will be charged full decal price ($65 annually).
- Student Commuters and students who live in ASU Family Housing may purchase one additional decal for $15.00.
- Employees may purchase an annual decal for $65 to park in designated Employee lots. Employees may purchase one additional decal at $15. Permits for any vehicle beyond the first two will be subject to full decal price.
- Reserved spots: ASU will not offer reserved/personal parking spaces as it has in the past. Employees needing a reserved spot must submit a letter of justification supporting how their daily duties include leaving campus (not including lunch) multiple times a day for work related activities. All letters of justification must be submitted to the President by August 15. Reserved spaces, upon approval, will cost $125.
- Lifetime decals (available only to retired employees) may park in any Commuter (C) designated lot across campus.
- Hang tags are available to Employees only.
- Monterey Drive is a two-way street, with parking allowed only on the Residential (East) side of the street. Stadium Drive has limited parking at the Northwest end of the street adjacent to Plachy Hall.
- Parking along First Street in front of the Library is designated as open parking; however curbs are painted appropriately marking the end of the parking zone. Do not block the service drive or sidewalk areas.
- Lots will be enforced 24 hours a day, 7 days a week unless otherwise posted.
Parking Violations & Fines:
- Major Municipal Parking Fines will be assessed accordingly and filed in Municipal court. (i.e. handicap, fire zones). All other fines will be administered by ASUPD.
- A Parking Appeals Committee will be designated by the Vice President of Student Affairs and will include at least: * One Faculty member * One student (AS&F Chief Justice or a Justice) * One other Faculty or Employee member
- Improper permit display.....$10
- No permit.....$25
- Visitor only......$25
- Improper registration......$25
- No parking zone......$25
- Parked against traffic flow......$25
- Parked out of Boundary marking......$25
- Blocked drive or walkway......$25
- Parked over time limit......$25
- Parked off of asphalt......$25
- Parked in Reserved space......$25
- Blocking fire hydrant......$50**
- Parked in Handicapped zone......$50**
- Moving violation......$50**
- Parking when privilege revoked......$25
- Boot removal fee......$25
** Municipal fines to be paid in Alamosa Municipal Courts
Repeated violations are subject to impoundment and a $25 administrative surcharge in addition to other fines/fees.
Fines and fees unpaid after 10 days will incur a $10 late fee. Unpaid fines will be referred to State Collections and parking privileges on ASU property will be denied with the vehicle subject to impoundment. Student records may be frozen until parking fines are paid in full.